every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spaghetti a la Carbonara
To serve – 2
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 12 minutes
A really quick and delicious pasta classic. Try stirring through a handful of chopped parsley at the end.
200 g/7 oz dried spaghetti 4 thick rashers pancetta, diced 2 tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic 1 large egg Salt and freshly ground black pepper 50 g/1 ¾ oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions or until al dente*.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the pancetta in the oil for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, taking care not to let it burn, then turn off the heat.
- Beat the egg and stir in half the grated Parmesan with a good grind of black pepper.
- When the spaghetti is ready, reserve a ladleful of the cooking water and drain the rest.
- Tip the spaghetti into the bacon pan and pour in the egg mixture. Mix it all together, adding enough of the cooking water to make a thick shiny sauce that clings to the pasta.
- Divide between 2 warmed bowls and sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan and some more black pepper.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).