every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spaghetti with Smoked Salmon
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Try mixing yellow and green spaghetti together for a really attractive finish. Serve with a mixed green salad.
Nutritional count per serving:
Energy 279 kcal; Carbohydrate 31 g, of which sugars 2 g; Fat 6 g of which saturated fat 1 g; Protein 25 g;
1 small onion, finely chopped 6 tbsps white wine or white vermouth 375 g/ 13 oz fresh spaghetti or 280 g/ 10 oz dried spaghetti Salt and freshly ground black pepper 350 g/ 12 oz smoked salmon or smoked salmon trimmings, cut into small strips 4 large sprigs of fresh dill, chopped 25 g/ 1 oz capers, chopped
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil for the pasta.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the wine or vermouth and allow to boil for 1 -2 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir in the chopped onion and cook until it has softened, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and stir with a fork. Reduce heat a little and cook fresh pasta for 4 – 5 minutes, dried pasta for 10 – 12 minutes, until al dente*.
- Add the smoked salmon strips to the onion and wine mixture and heat through gently. Add the chopped dill and chopped caper and stir thoroughly.
- Drain the pasta and transfer into a large serving bowl.
- Season the salmon mixture with black pepper and spoon over the pasta. Stir gently and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).