every one a winner
every one a dinner
Speedy Eggs Benedict
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 4 minutes
A wonderfully quick and tasty recipe for an old favourite.
4 large eggs 2 bread rolls, halved 4 slices honey roast ham 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped 3 tbsps mayonnaise 2 tbsps whipped cream
- Bring a large pan of water to a simmer. Oil a sheet of cling film and lay it, oil side up, in a mug. Break in an egg, then draw up the sides and twist them together to make a waterproof package.
- Repeat with 3 more sheets of cling film and the other eggs.
- Lower the eggs into the simmering water and poach* gently for 4 minutes.
- Toast the rolls and a lay a slice of ham on top of each half.
- Stir the lemon juice and tarragon into the mayonnaise and fold* in the whipped cream.
- When the eggs are ready, remove and discard the cling film and lay them on top of the ham. Serve with the mayonnaise mixture on the side for spooning over at the table.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).