every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spiced Lamb Stuffed Peppers
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minute
Cooking time – 40-55 minutes
A substantial whole meal in one serving, with bags of flavour.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 748 kcal
25g/1oz butter 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 onion, peeled and chopped 1 garlic clove, crushed 225g/8oz lean minced lamb Pinch of ground cloves 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground ginger 300g/10oz long grain rice Few saffron strands, steeped* in a little hot water for a few minutes 600ml/1 pint water Juice of 1 lemon 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped 100g/4oz frozen peas 4 large green peppers 25g/1oz flaked almonds Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190’C/170’C Fan/375’F/Gas 5.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the mince, cloves, cinnamon and ginger and fry for 3-5 minutes until well browned.
- Stir in the rice and fry for a further 2 minutes, then add saffron, water, lemon juice, pepper, almonds and peas.
- Mix well and season to taste, then bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cut the tops of the peppers to form a lid, then remove core and seeds. Arrange in a lightly greased oven-proof dish.
- Spoon the spiced lamb mixture into the peppers, replace the lids, brush with a little oil and cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove lids before serving if preferred.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).