every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spicy Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Spicy and crisp, a delicious combination of flavours and textures.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 286 k cal; Carbohydrate 16 g of which sugars 6 g; Protein 20 g; Fat 16 g of which saturates 6 g.
5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped 500 g/ 1lb 2 oz broccoli florets 500 g/ 1 lb 2 oz cauliflower florets 2 tbsps olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz Gruyére cheese 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz Parmesan Cheese 3 tbsps dried breadcrumbs 2 tbsps capers 1 – 2 tbsps pickled green peppercorns
- Preheat the grill and put a kettle of water on to boil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or large wok, add the garlic and chilli, stir in the broccoli and cauliflower florets, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add 150 ml/ 5 fl oz of boiling water.
- Cover the pan and cook over a high heat for 4 – 5 minutes, or until they are tender. Stir or toss them half-way through cooking.
- Mix the Gruyére and Parmesan cheeses with the breadcrumbs.
- Stir the capers and peppercorns into the vegetables. Transfer to a shallow flameproof dish, sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumb mixture and place under the grill until the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).