every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spicy Fish Rösti
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serve these delicious fish patties crisp and hot for lunch or supper with a mixed green salad.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 208 kcal; Protein 17.7 g; Carbohydrate 14.4 g of which sugars 1.4g; Fat 9.2 g of which saturates 1.2 g; Sodium 63 mg.
350 g/ 12 oz large, firm waxy potatoes 350 g/ 12 oz salmon fillet, skinned and boned 3 – 4 spring onions, finely chopped 5 ml/ 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger 30 ml 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 10 ml/ 2 tsp lemon juice 30 – 45 ml/2 -3 tbsp sunflower oil Salt and cayenne pepper Lemon wedges to serve Fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add the potatoes with their skins on and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the salmon and place in a bowl. Stir in the spring onions, ginger, chopped coriander and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel off the skins and grate the flesh coarsely. Gently stir the grated potato into the fish mixture. Form the mixture into 12 patties, pressing the mixture together but leaving the edges slightly uneven.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fish rösti, a few at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until brown and crisp.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm while you cook the remaining rösti.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges for squeezing over and garnished with fresh coriander sprigs.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).