every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spicy Pork Burgers
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
These hot burgers, spiked with chillies, coriander and cumin make a wonderful lunch or supper dish, especially when accompanied by a rich avocado sauce.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 32 g; Fat 48 g of which saturates 11 g; Carbohydrate 33 g of which sugars 2 g; Energy 678 kcal.
3 tbsps sunflower oil 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 fresh red or green chillies, finely chopped 1 tsp ground coriander 1 tsp ground cumin 2 tbsps of fresh coriander 500 g/ 1lb 2 oz minced pork 1 small egg Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 lemon or lime 1 large avocado, halved and stoned To serve: Corn chips or soft tortillas
- Heat 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil in a small frying pan. Add half of the crushed garlic and the sliced onion and fry until soft.
- Add half of the fresh chillies, stir in the spices and fry gently for 3 minutes more, or until the mixture is soft but not browned.
- Put 1 tbsp of the fresh coriander into a bowl and add the fried onion mixture, pork, egg and salt and pepper. Wash any wax from the lemon or lime and finely grate the rind into the bowl and stir the mixture, which should be slightly soft.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Divide the mixture into four and pat each piece into a fairly flat burger. Fry over a moderate heat for 5 – 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon or lime and put into a bowl with the reserved chillies and crushed garlic. Scoop the flesh from the avocado into the bowl and mash together well.
- Drain the burgers on kitchen paper and serve with the guacamole and corn chips or soft tortillas.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).