every one a winner
every one a dinner
Spinach and Mushroom Frittata
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Wonderful for a quick informal supper, packed with flavour.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 395 k cal; Carbohydrate 6 g of which sugars 3 g; Protein 22 g; Fat 32 g of which saturates 10 g.
250 g/9 oz young spinach leaves Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped 2 tbsps olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped 350 g/ 12 oz small, closed cup mushrooms, quartered 5 medium eggs Salt and freshly ground black pepper 85 g/ 3 oz vegetarian Cheddar or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a moderate heat for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring, until soft. Add the quartered mushrooms and fry, stirring frequently, for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook over a fairly high heat, stirring frequently, for 3- 4 minutes, until the leaves have wilted and the excess liquid has evaporated.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, then add 2 tbsps cold water and 2 tbsps chopped parsley. Add seasoning and beat together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the spinach and cook for 5 minutes until egg is just set and golden underneath, lifting the edges to let the uncooked egg run underneath.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and grill for 2 – 3 minutes, until the frittata is set and golden.
- Serve hot or cold with a tomato salad and crusty bread.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).