every one a winner
every one a dinner
Strawberry and Rhubarb Jelly
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes + 2 hours refrigeration time
This will remind you of how good jelly can taste.
400 g strawberries, hulled 400 g rhubarb, chopped 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out 200 g caster sugar, or more or less to taste About 20 g bronze leaf gelatine – about 6 sheets
- Put the strawberries, rhubarb, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar in a saucepan with 1 tbsp cold water and cook over a medium heat with the lid on for about 20 minutes until the fruit is soft and mushy with lots of juice in the pan.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve into a clean pan (or for crystal-clear jelly, strain through a jelly bag). Weigh the juice and calculate how much gelatine you need. General rule is 565 ml of liquid to 10 g of gelatine
- Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to soften. Meanwhile put the fruit juice back over the heat and warm gently to blood temperature.
- Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine then whisk it into the warm juice until fully dissolved.
- Pass through a sieve into a jug. Disperse between six 175 ml moulds and transfer to the fridge for several hours to set.
- Serve with soft scoop ice cream.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).