every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes + Chilling time 2 hours
As strawberries are now not just for summer – this makes a lovely treat anytime of the year.
Nutritional count per batch
Energy 443kcal/1841kj; Protein 7.8g; Carbohydrate 29.1g of which sugars 29.1g; Fat 33.7g of which saturates 20.9g; Cholesterol 86mg; Calcium 56mg; Fibre 0.8g; Sodium 81mg.
120 ml/4 fl oz cup of water 15 ml/ 1 tbsp powdered gelatine 300 g/11 oz strawberries, light crushed 250 ml/ 8 fl oz double cream 4 egg whites 90 g/3 ½ oz caster sugar Halved strawberries, to decorate
- Put the water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle in the gelatine. Stand the bowl over a pan of hot water and heat gently until dissolved. Remove the bowl from the pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Put half the crushed strawberries in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the dissolved gelatine. Chill the mixture for about 2 hours until it has a syrupy consistency.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk until it holds its shape. Set aside while you prepare the egg whites.
- In a large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, gradually adding the sugar as they rise. Fold the egg whites into the cream and strawberry mixture, then fold in the remaining crushed strawberries, followed by the whipped cream.
- Turn the mixture into individual serving dishes and serve immediately or chill until required.
- Serve decorated with halved strawberries.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).