every one a winner
every one a dinner
Stuffed Beefsteak Tomatoes
To serve – 4
Preparation time –15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Juicy tomatoes with a tasty filling, makes a great starter.
4 large beefsteak tomatoes 85 g/3 oz dried pastina (small soup pasta) Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion, diced 1 garlic clove, crushed 2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano 100 g/ 4 oz mushrooms, diced 25 g/ 1 oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/Gas 4
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes, set aside for "lids".
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the tomato seeds and cores to leave 1 cm/ ½ in thick shells.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water until al dente*.
- Drain and rinse well in cold water to arrest cooking; drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and cook gently for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to let it burn. Add the oregano and mushrooms and fry for a further 3-5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Add the cheese, pasta and seasoning; mix well.
- Spoon the mushroom filling into the hollowed-out tomatoes. Replace the tomato lids. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and bake for about 30 minutes until the tomatoes are quite soft but still holding their shape.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).