every one a winner
every one a dinner
Stuffed Sweet Peppers
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15-17 minutes
Beautifully light and tender peppers. Try different types of mushrooms to ring the changes.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 89 kcal/ 374kj; Protein 5.1; Carbohydrate 10.6g of which sugars 9.9g; Fat 3.2g of which saturates 0.8g; Cholesterol 48mg; Calcium 27mg; Fibre 3.5g; Sodium 563mg.
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 coriander roots, or stalks, finely chopped 400 g/ 14 oz brown mushrooms, quartered 5 ml/ 1 tsp Thai red curry paste 1 egg lightly beaten 15-30 ml/ 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce 2.5 ml/ ½ tsp sugar 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped 4 yellow peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded. (Can use red or orange peppers if preferred)
- In a mortar or spice grinder, pound or blend the garlic with the coriander roots or stalks. Scrape into a bowl.
- Put the mushrooms in a food processor and pulse briefly until they are finely chopped. Add to the garlic mixture, then stir in the curry paste, egg, sauces, sugar and lime leaves.
- Place the pepper halves in a single layer in a steamer basket.
- Spoon the mixture loosely into the pepper halves.
- Bring the water to the boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Steam the peppers for 15 minutes, or until the flesh feels tender when tested with a knife tip.
- Serve hot.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).