every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time –20 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Making the most of new season fresh peas and beans with a lovely fresh buttery sauce.
85 g/3 0z unsalted butter 1 ½ tsp each chopped parsley, mint and chives 200 g/8 oz baby carrots, scraped 400 g/14 oz tagliatelle 400 g/14 0z shelled garden peas 200 g/8 oz fine green beans, trimmed 200 g/8 oz courgettes, thickly sliced Splash of olive oil Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon Fresh basil to serve
- Gently melt the butter with the parsley, mint and chives, then set aside in a warm place. Trim away any leaves from the carrots but leave a short green stalk in place.
- Bring 2 large pans of water to the boil. Lightly salt the water in one of the pans, add the pasta and cook until al dente* (10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add the carrots to the other pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas, beans and courgettes, then continue to cook for 3 minutes. Drain the pasta and vegetables. Return pasta to hot pan with a splash of olive oil, half the herb butter and the lemon zest and juice.
- Return the vegetables to their pan, toss with the rest of the herb butter, then season well.
- Spoon the pasta on to warmed serving plates, grind some black pepper over then serve with the vegetables on top, scattered with the basil.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).