every one a winner
every one a dinner
Cooking time – 30 minutes
This Middle Eastern salad is traditionally eaten by rolling a spoonful of tabbouleh inside a lettuce leaf and eaten with the fingers.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 382 kcal; Carbohydrate 60 g of which sugars 8 g; Protein 12 g; Fat 11 g of which saturates 1.5 g.
250 g/ 9 oz bulgur wheat 200 g/ 7 oz fine green beans, topped and tailed and chopped into 2.5 cm/ 1 in pieces 200 g/ 7 oz frozen peas Salt 5 large spring onions, thinly sliced 300 g/10 ½ oz tomatoes, diced 1 unwaxed lemon Large handful fresh parsley Large handful fresh mint Large handful chive or dill To Serve: 2 Little Gem lettuces For the dressing: 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp runny honey 1 tbsp Dijon mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the bulgur wheat in a saucepan with 700 ml/ 1 pint 5 fl oz of cold water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until the bulgur wheat has absorbed all the water.
- Put green beans into a saucepan with the frozen peas and cover with boiling water, add a little salt, return to the boil, cook for 1 -2 minutes, then drain.
- Grate rind from lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Add to the bulgur wheat along with spring onions, and tomatoes, and fluff up the mixture with a fork.
- Add the peas and beans to the tabbouleh along with the herbs.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl then pour over the tabbouleh and mix well.
- Serve with individual lettuce leaves.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).