every one a winner
every one a dinner
Sweet Chilli Chicken Stir-Fry
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Secret to a great stir-fry is to have all ingredients ready before you start to cook. Result is truly marvelous.
1 tbsp groundnut oil 500 g/ 1 lb free-range chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces 1 large onion, cut into large pieces 2 garlic cloves, sliced 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger 100 g/ 3 ½ oz pineapple, peeled and ‘eyes’ removed, sliced and cut into wedges 250 g/ 8 oz sweet chilli stir-fry sauce 150 g 5 oz tinned water chestnuts, halved 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp lime juice 125 g/ 4 oz frozen peas 2 tbsps roughly chopped unsalted cashew nuts
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in the chicken pieces and cook for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown all over. It is important to get a good colour on the chicken.
- Remove from the heat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the wok and stir-fry for 2 -3 minutes until golden and beginning to soften, then add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 -2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and sweet chilli sauce and bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the water chestnuts, soy sauce and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 4 – 6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, then add the peas and stir for 1 -2 minutes until hot.
- Scatter over the cashew nuts and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).