every one a winner
every one a dinner
Sweet Potato Gratin
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 50 minutes
A creamy side dish or a stand-alone lunch dish – for vegetarians just omit the bacon.
Many thanks to Christine for this wonderful recipe.
500 g/ 1 lb 2 oz sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced 75 g bacon lardons 3 tbsps olive oil 1 onion, sliced 1 garlic clove, chopped 125 ml/4 fl oz double cream 1 tbsp coriander, chopped, plus extra for serving 2 tbsps Parmesan cheese, grated Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190’C/ 170’C Fan/ 375’F/ Gas 5.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add the bacon lardons and fry until golden. Add 1 tbsp oil and then add the sliced onions. Fry gently until softened.
- In a large bowl, toss the bacon and onions with the sliced sweet potatoes, 2 tbsps olive oil, chopped garlic, cream, chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle with the grated Parmesan, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra coriander
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).