every one a winner
every one a dinner
Sweetcorn Pancakes with Roasted Tomatoes
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
A lovely, light lunch or brunch dish. Ring the changes with different roast vegetables.
250 g/9 oz plain flour 2 tsp baking powder 2 large eggs, beaten 300 ml/10 ½ fl oz milk 2 tbsp butter 200 g/7 oz tinned sweetcorn, drained 2 spring onions, finely chopped 1 tbsp olive oil 4 tomato vines Salad leaves to serve Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190’C/170’C Fan/375’F/Gas 5
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and pour in the milk, then use a whisk to incorporate all of the flour from around the outside.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan then whisk it into the batter with the sweetcorn and spring onions.
- Put the buttered frying pan back over a low heat.
- You will need a good tablespoon of batter for each pancake and you should be able to cook 4 pancakes at a time in the frying pan.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes over with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used, keeping the finished pancakes warm.
- While the pancakes are cooking, drizzle the tomatoes with oil and roast on their vines for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pancakes with the roast tomatoes and some fresh salad leaves.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).