every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
A French classic dish – wonderful with vanilla ice-cream or crème frāiche.
150 g/5 oz unsalted butter, cubed 225 g/8 oz caster sugar 7 small Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and halved 225 g/8 oz ready-made puff pastry A little plain flour for dusting.
- Heat together the butter and sugar in an ovenproof frying pan or tatin dish until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the apples in the pan, cut-side up, fitting them together neatly. Return the pan to a reduced heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a round approximately 5 cm/2 in wider than the diameter of the frying pan.
- The pastry should be approximately 1 cm/ ½ in thick.
- Drape the pastry over the apples, tucking in the edges in between the apples and the side of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven and run the tip of a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen.
- Carefully invert onto a plate before serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).