every one a winner
every one a dinner
Tex-Mex Baked Potatoes with Chilli
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
A great way to spice up baked potatoes – cover with chilli bean sauce then serve with sour cream.
Nutritional Value per serving-
Calories 137kcal/573kj; Protein 13.5g; Carbohydrate 11.1g of which sugars 5g; Fat 4.5g of which saturates 2.3g; Salt 218mg
2 large potatoes 15ml/1 tbsp oil, plus extra for rubbing 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 small onion, chopped ½ small red pepper, seeded and chopped 225g/8 oz lean minced beef ½ small fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped 5ml/1 tsp ground cumin Pinch of cayenne pepper 200g/7 oz tin chopped tomatoes 30ml/2 tbsp tomato purée 2.5ml/ ½ tsp dried oregano 2.5ml/ ½ tsp dried marjoram 200g/7 oz tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 60ml/4 tbsp sour cream Salt and freshly ground black pepper Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7. Rub the potatoes all over with a little oil and pierce with a skewer. Bake them on the top shelf of the oven for about 1 hour until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, onion and pepper gently for about 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the beef and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until browned all over. Stir in the chilli, cumin, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano and marjoram, then add 60ml/ 4 tbsp water.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, stir in the kidney beans and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped fresh coriander.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half and place them in serving bowls. Top with the chilli mixture and a dollop of soured cream, then garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).