every one a winner
every one a dinner
Thai style Minced Beef
To serve – 4 to 6
Preparation time – 8 minutes
Cooking time – 15 – 20 minutes
To keep down the heat, reduce the amount of chilli or leave out altogether.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 300kcal/1244kj; Carbohydrate 4g of which sugars 4 g; Fat 22g of which saturates 8g; Salt 2.3g; Fibre 1.5g
100 g/ 3 ½ oz broccoli florets, cut very small 2 tbsp vegetable oil Bunch of spring onions, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed 3 cm/ 1 in piece of fresh root ginger, finely chopped or grated 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks plus a handful of leaves, roughly chopped 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 400 g/ 14 oz lean minced beef 1 tbsp fish sauce (Nam Pla) 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp lime juice 1 tsp caster sugar
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the broccoli florets for 1 minute, then drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a large deep-sided frying pan. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, coriander stalks and chilli if using and fry for a couple of minutes until slightly coloured.
- Add the beef mince and continue to fry over a high heat until the meat is well browned.
- Return the broccoli and add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar. Mix well, cooking for a minute or 2 until the broccoli is piping hot.
- Stir in the coriander leaves and serve with rice
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).