every one a winner
every one a dinner
Toffee and Banana Pancakes
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
An all-time favourite for all the family
100 g/3 ½ oz plain flour Pinch of salt 1 egg 1 egg yolk 300 ml/ ½ pint milk 2-3 tbsps sunflower oil 2 bananas, sliced Toffee Sauce: 50 g/2 oz unsalted butter 50 g/2 oz light muscovado sugar 2 tbsps olden syrup 150 ml ¼ pint double cream
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt, egg and egg yolk, then gradually whisk in the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Put the butter and syrup for the toffee sauce in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to darken around the edges.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually pour in the cream. Tilt the pan to mix and as the bubbles subside stir with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Pour the oil for cooking the pancakes into an 18 cm/7 in frying pan, heat and the pour off the excess into a small bowl or jug. Pour a little pancake batter over the base of the pan, tilt the pan to coat the base evenly with the batter, then cook for 2 minutes until the underside is golden. Loosen with a palette knife, turn over and cook the second side in the same way. When cooked, slide onto a warmed plate and keep hot.
- Cook the remaining batter, oiling the pan as needed.
- Fold the pancakes and arrange on serving plates. Top with banana slices and drizzle with the toffee sauce.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).