every one a winner
every one a dinner
Tofu and Vegetables with Tahini Sauce
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Smoky tofu, salty vegetables, topped with a creamy tahini sauce. Delicious.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 29 g; Fat 49 g of which saturates 9 g; Carbohydrate 8 g of which sugars 4 g; Energy 586 kcal.
4 tbsps soy sauce 4 tbsps olive oil 350 g/ 12 oz small firm courgettes (or a mixture of aubergines and courgettes), sliced onto thin rounds 125 g/ 4 ½ oz button mushrooms, sliced 225 g/ 8 oz smoked tofu, cut into bite-size pieces For the Sauce: Small bunch of parsley, chopped 4 tbsps light tahini paste 1 large clove garlic, crushed ½ tsp toasted sesame oil 1 tsp Dijon mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to a moderate setting. Blend soy sauce and olive oil thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu and vegetables to soy sauce and olive oil and stir gently until well coated.
- Spread out in a single layer in the grill pan, or on a baking tray. Grill for about 20 minutes, until cooked and browned, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- To make the sauce, pour the tahini into a measuring jug, add the crushed garlic and briskly stir in just enough water to give the sauce the consistency of single cream. Stir in 2 tbsps chopped parsley, toasted sesame oil and Dijon mustard, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables and tofu are cooked, put them onto a warm serving plate and pour over the tahini sauce.
- Serve hot or warm
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).