every one a winner
every one a dinner
Tomato and Mozzarella Toasts
To serve – 6 to 8
Preparation time – 3 minutes
Cooking time 7 minutes
Resemble mini-pizzas – can be made in advance and popped in oven at last minute.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 227kcal/947kj: Protein 13.3g; Carbohydrate 10.0g of which sugars 4.8g; Fat 14.8g of which saturates 8.2g; Cholesterol 3.3mg; Calcium 230mg; Fibre 1.2g; Sodium 365mg
3 thin ciabatta rolls 250 ml/8 fl oz sun-dried tomato puree 3 x 150 g/5 0z packets of mozzarella cheese, drained and chopped About 10 ml/2 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs 40-50 ml/ 3 tbsp olive oil Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425'F/Gas 7
- Also preheat the grill.
- Cut each roll on the diagonal into 12-15 slices, discarding the ends. Grill until lightly toasted on both sides.
- Spread sun-dried tomato puree on one side of the toast. Arrange the mozzarella over the tomato puree.
- Put the toasts on baking sheets, sprinkle with herbs and pepper to taste and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake for 5 mins or until the mozzarella has melted and is bubbling.
- Leave the toasts to settle for a few minutes before serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).