every one a winner
every one a dinner
Turkey Escalopes with Caper sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 6 minutes
Cooking time – 4 minutes
Goes marvelously with a crisp green salad and crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 476kcal/1990j; Protein 39.3g; Carbohydrate 20g of which sugars 1.2g; Fat 27.1g of which saturates 4.6g; Cholesterol 151mg; Calcium 90mg; Fibre 1.7g; Sodium 355mg.
4 thin turkey breast escalopes, weighing about 75g/ 3 oz each 1 large unwaxed lemon 2.5ml/ ½ tsp chopped fresh sage 60-75ml/4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive 50g/ 2 oz fine dry breadcrumbs 15ml/ 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained Salt and freshly ground black pepper Sage leaves and lemon wedges for the garnish
- Place the turkey escalopes between 2 sheets of clear film and pound with the flat side of a meat hammer or roll with a rolling pin to flatten to about 5 mm/ ¼ in
- With a vegetable peeler or very sharp knife, remove four pieces of lemon rind. Cut them into thin julienne* strips, cover with clear film and set aside.
- Grate remainder of the lemon rind and squeeze the lemon. Put the grated rind in a large shallow dish and add the sage, salt and pepper. Stir in 15 ml/ 1 tbsp of the lemon juice, reserving the rest, and about 15 ml/ 1 tbsp of the olive oil, then add the turkey, turn to coat and set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish and dip the escalopes in the crumbs, coating both sides.
- In a heavy frying pan heat 30 ml/ 2 tbsp of the olive oil over a high heat, add the escalopes and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Transfer to two warmed plates and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan, add the remaining oil, the lemon julienne and the capers, stirring, and heat through.
- Spoon a little sauce over the turkey and garnish with sage leaves and lemon wedges.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).