every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A wonderful one-pot meal for when time is short.
250 g/ 8 oz long grain rice 2 tbsps olive oil 3 carrots, chopped 2 medium potatoes, chopped 2.5 cm/ 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated 2 garlic cloves, crushed 200 g/ 4 oz green beans, halved 200 g/ 7 oz cauliflower florets 1 tbsp hot curry paste 1 tsp turmeric 1 tsp ground cinnamon 250 g/ 8 oz natural yoghurt 40 g/ 1 ½ oz raisins To Serve: 75 g/ 3 oz cashew nuts 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the carrots, potato, ginger and garlic and fry for 10 minutes until soft, adding a little water if the potatoes start to stick
- Stir in the cauliflower, beans, curry paste, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the yoghurt and raisins.
- Pile the rice on top of the vegetables, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, checking it isn’t sticking to the pan.
- Serve the biryani sprinkled with the cashew nuts and coriander.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).