every one a winner
every one a dinner
Venison Sausages with Stilton Mash
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
An old favourite bought right up to date, with a distinctive new flavour.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 29 g; Fat 60 g of which saturates 27 g; Carbohydrate 41 g of which sugars 4 g; Energy 531 kcal.
700 g/ 1lb 9 oz floury potatoes- such as Desiree or King Edward – cut into small chunks 400 g/ 14 oz celeriac, cut into small chunks Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsps olive oil 8 fat venison sausages about 75 g/ 2 ¾ oz each 3 tbsps milk 50 g/1 ¾ oz butter 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz Stilton cheese Pinch of ground mace
- Preheat the oven to a low setting.
- Put on two pans of boiling, lightly salted water and put potatoes and celeriac into separate pans and cook gently for 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a moderate heat and fry the sausages for 10 minutes, turning frequently to brown them all over, then transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Drain the celeriac and purée with the milk in a blender, or by hand.
- Drain the potatoes, add the butter and mash by hand.
- Combine the celeriac and potatoes, crumble in the Stilton cheese, season with salt, pepper and mace, and mash again.
- Pile the mash onto a warm dish and arrange the sausages round or on top.
- Serve with a selection of mustards, pickles and chutneys.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).