every one a winner
every one a dinner
Warm Cheese and Tomato Dip
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Great to serve up at barbecues or just sipping drinks in the garden.
Nutritional Value per serving:
670 kcal; Fat 53.0 g of which saturated fat 22 g; Carbohydrates 31 g of which sugars 7 g; Protein 17 g.
1 large onion, finely chopped 2 tsps olive oil 5 medium tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped 2 jalapeno peppers or 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers in brine 200 g/ 7 oz Red Leicester cheese, grated 100 ml/3 ½ fl oz double cream Salt and freshly ground black pepper Tabasco sauce 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves to garnish Corn chips, soft tortillas or pitta breads – to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 4
- Put a kettle of water on to boil.
- Fry the onion in the oil in a small saucepan over a low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned.
- Rinse, dry, halve, deseed and finely chop the jalapeno peppers if necessary, and set aside.
- Put the corn chips, soft tortillas or pitta breads into the oven to heat through.
- Add the cream to the softened onions in the pan and raise the heat. Just before the cream reaches simmering point, add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the tomatoes and jalapenos to the pan and stir gently. Season carefully to taste with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- Pour the dip into a warmed serving bowl and scatter over the fresh coriander leaves, and serve with the warmed corn chips and fingers of soft tortilla or pitta breads.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).