every one a winner
every one a dinner
Winter Vegetable Pie
To serve – 6
Served with a green vegetable is all that this dish needs for perfection
500g block ready-made, all-butter puff pastry (room temperature) 175 g/6 oz baby onions, halved 1 clove garlic, chopped 575 g/ 1 ¼ lb prepared mixed winter vegetables (carrots, turnips, parsnips, cauliflower florets etc) 115 g/ 4 oz button mushrooms, wiped 2 tbsp olive oil 150 ml/ 5 fl oz red wine 350 ml/ 12 fl oz vegetable stock (homemade is best but a stock cube will suffice) 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/ 180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Fry onions, garlic and the vegetables in the oil for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and tomato purée and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a 1.2 litre/ 2 pint pie dish
- Roll out the pastry to a 0.5 cm/ ¼ in thickness rectangle, cut out a pie top a little larger than the dish.
- Cut remaining pastry into strips, dampen and press around the edge of the dish. Dampen edge of pastry and place pastry lid over pie and press edges to seal.
- Make a hole in the centre of the lid.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).